I was not very close to my Dad and have not talked to him in a long time. This does not mean that I did not love him or that I did not think of him often.No matter what he had done, the choices he has made or the life he led, he was and will always be my father and will always have a place in my heart.
I have felt comfort in my faith and in what I believe to be true. I am comforted in knowing He is in a better place. God wants us to go back to him. Where we belong because we are ALL God’s children. God allows us to make mistakes and welcomes us when we turn back to God, our final destination. God’s primary concern is NOT our sins. She is not concerned with vindictive justice but has a concern of compassion, of graciousness, of forgiveness.
In Joel it says, “Return to the Lord, your God, for God is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, and relents from punishing.”
God’s love is great, steadfast and unfailing. God is always motivated by love always and only by love. This mean’s God’s justice is a “saving” justice, a forgiving justice. We really should try to embrace this justice in our own hearts as well. To hate the sin but love the sinner. We don’t have to be okay with the choices Dad made but we need to still love him. He is worthy of love! (no matter what) In God’s love everyone is equal, there is no exclusivity.
We should not be afraid of the judgement of God at death because God is going to judge us as a parent, as a mother, as a father...with a loving embrace, with a big hug, as a compassionate loving parent. God is our Parent, She is a God of unconditional love. I truely believe heaven is “Being loved unconditionally by God, and is a responding by loving unconditionally to God. To embrace and accept God’s embrace, his hug, his love. I have no doubt that Dad accepted his hug, accepted forgiveness, accepted God’s love.
God was present with Dad to overcome his suffering. Liberated and led him into the Promised land. “God will wipe every tear from their eyes; Death will be no more; morning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away.” (Revelations) “Truely I tell you, you will be with me in Paradise.”
I love you Dad and someday I will see you again.
Little Channy, Sept 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment